Nenagh Water & Wastewater Network Upgrade including Gas Installation
Balfour Beatty CLG were undertaking new gas laying works in Nenagh town as part of the NSWC (Networks Services Works Contract) on behalf of Ervia / Gas Networks Ireland. Irish Water took the opportunity to upgrade the watermain and sewer network in conjunction with the new gas main. David Walsh Civil Engineering Ltd. was contracted by Ervia / Irish Water under a nominated sub-contract, to undertake the installation of new watermains and sewer infrastructure in conjunction with laying the new gas main.
The works included the following:
- Installation of approx. 1.1km of new watermains
- Installation of approx. 1.5km of new gasmain
- Installation of approx. 1.5km of new gravity sewer
- The gravity sewer was laid using open-cut methodology and online sewer replacement
- On Pearse Street, approx. 250m of an upgrade to an existing stone culvert
- On Kickham Street a large section of the existing stone culvert (650mm wide x 1000mm high) was structurally re-lined using rigid structural lining.