Arklow Parade Ground Public Realm Project – Phase 1
This project consisted of a significant public realm contract on Main Street, Arklow on behalf of Wicklow County Council. The works involved the enhancement of the existing main town square with high quality granite paved surface. Works include re-configuration of existing carriageway, full depth road reconstruction to the main street and side streets, footways and shared access construction, the installation of public realm furniture, the planting of new street trees as well as associated drainage, ducting and other ancillary works.
The scope of the works included:
- Site Clearance;
- Kerbs, Footways and Road Pavements;
- Diversion/protection of utilities;
- Raised Pedestrian crossings (controlled and uncontrolled)
- Relocation of an existing bus stop and installation of a new bus shelter;
- Water bottle refill station and Interactive Tourism Kiosk
- Construction of prefabricated seating walls;
- Feature Lighting Columns and inground feature lighting;
- Street furniture incl. benches, inground planters/tree pits stand-alone planters, bicycle racks, bollards and waste bins;
- Inground planters/tree pits, stand-alone planters
- Landscaping incl. new street trees, shrubs and bulbs including irrigation tanks
- New sections of watermain and associated infrastructure.